HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED?
Sew Face Masks for the NICU
Host an event
Sewing & Knitting
- All items are required to be cotton.
- Synthetic fabrics cannot be used.
- Bright colours are requested where possible and all sewing machine stitched for safety.
General Sewing Details
- Hemmed Sheets: simple cotton rectangles 70cm x 60cm
- Hemmed Dribble cloths: for under baby’s head: 30cm x 20cm
- Hemmed Belt: 70cm x 10cm.
- Peanut Pillows (see pattern below)
- Scent Hearts (see pattern below)
- Each family is given 2 hearts in a packet.
- 2 hearts are given so 24 hours later the mom can take home the 2nd heart and use it as a scent from the baby while at home. If you would like to make some, please note:
- All projects must be completed in a non-smoking environment or home
- All hearts must be washed in unscented, non-dyed detergent
- Individual Preemie Packets are distributed via the NICU
- These peanut-shaped pillows are used to support baby's head in the centre position when awake and lying on their back for nappy changes, dressing or undressing and drying after a bath.
- Must be cotton